OED Advisory Committee
6.22 ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR THE EQUITY AND DIVERSITY COMMITTEE
Office for Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee shall consist of the following members:
- Seven faculty members appointed for terms of four years.
Parameswaran Ramanathan, Chair
- Three academic staff members.
- Two students.
- Three university staff members.
Stephanie Diaz de Leon
Trenton Lee Yadro
- Works with the Director of the Office for Equity and Diversity, providing consultation and oversight and advises the university administration and governance organizations on policy issues related to affirmative action and compliance.
- Reviews periodically the discrimination and harassment complaint procedures for effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Reviews the functions of the Office for Equity and Diversity in carrying out the Office's mission.
- Review campus committees pursuing discrimination goals regarding missions and coordination.
- Reports annually in June to the Academic Staff Assembly and Chancellor as well as to the Faculty Senate
The chair of the committee is Professor Parmesh Ramanathan, College of Engineering, 263-0557, firstname.lastname@example.org.